49ers QB Brock Purdy grateful for Christian McCaffrey’s Christmas gift: On Friday, San Francisco 49ers running back Christian McCaffrey surprised his offensive teammates with some impressive Christmas gifts. According to ESPN’s Nick Wagoner, each player received a PXG golf bag, a bottle of tequila and a coupon for a custom fitting for a new set of clubs.
Typically, a team’s starting quarterback will give some extravagant gifts to at least his offensive linemen. That wasn’t really a possibility for Brock Purdy, whose annual salary currently ranks 85th among NFL quarterbacks. He’s set to take home $870,000 this season. That’s nothing to scoff at for most people, but it’s not much when it comes to NFL salaries.
49ers QB Brock Purdy grateful for Christian McCaffrey’s Christmas gift
- Purdy even has a roommate to help offset living costs in the Bay Area. Although, that will likely change once he marries his fiancée, Jenna Brandt.
- McCaffrey’s gift was welcome. Purdy needed new golf clubs, so he is grateful for his running back’s generosity.
- “Yeah, financially, I wouldn’t be able to cover that right now,” Purdy admitted. “But shout-out to him. Everyone loved it. So yeah, thank you, Christian.”
- While Purdy might not be able to afford such an extravagant gift right now, his time is likely coming.
- The quarterback is a frontrunner to win the NFL’s MVP award and his 49ers are the favorite to win the Super Bowl.
- Those honors on a resume can help a player cash in when contract negotiations arrive.
- Purdy and the 49ers can begin those contract extension talks after next season.
- “He’s doing as much as he can with what he’s got, but eventually he’ll be just fine providing the gifts,” McCaffrey said.